New Graduate RN
Sparrow Health System
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The RN provides professional nursing services guided by the Transformation Model for the Professional Practice of Nursing. Accepts responsibility for the direction of co-workers in the implementation of the nursing care plan to maximize patient outcomes.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Empowered to coordinate clinical patient activities in the absence of Department Manager or Assistant Department Manager.
- Participates in shared decision making.
- Care Delivery System-
- Assesses patient condition and initiates appropriate nursing and/or medical care in accordance with established guidelines and evidence-based practice.
- Develops and updates an individualized, plan of care based on the assessment of the patient in congruence with the medical diagnosis and treatment plan. Collaborates with patient and their available resources.
- Implements purposeful plan of care, reflecting the uniqueness of each patient.
- Evaluates patient outcomes and response to care, revising plan as needed. Documents assessment, plan, all care given and patient response in the patient record.
- Educates patient/family according to assessed need using mutual participation model.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of quality improvement activities within department, health system and/or community.
- Performs nursing activities in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures, Michigan Public Health Code and ANA Scope & Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of unit-specific equipment and appropriate supplies used to deliver the highest quality patient care.
- Provides a safe environment for patient, family, and all other caregivers.
- Professional Growth-
- Supports the development of self and other Associates and students through mentoring, preceptorship and peer review.
- Accountable for professional development.
- Utilizes current evidence and research in practice.
- Collaborative Practice-
- Communicates appropriate significant information and changes in patient’s condition to members of the health care team.
- Develops and maintains a professional relationship with members of the health care team, the patient and the patient’s family.
- Delegates, directs and supervises implementation of care plan to LPN, PCT, or other health care workers.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: